Monday, August 17, 2009

Alpha Female

I have decided that I will become the alpha female in my house. Our dog is so sweet to my son. She licks him and treats him like a pup. The dog listens to my husband and follows him every where he goes. After speaking with a dog trainer this weekend I've realized that our dog is mean to me because she thinks she is the alpha female.

Behaviors that indicate that our dog thinks she is the alpha female:

When I sit next to my husband she comes and barks at me nonstop. When possible she jumps up and tries to wedge herself between us.

When I get out of bed to hit snooze in the morning, our dog jumps into bed, takes my spot, and snuggles with my husband.

She will not listen to commands from me. If my husband says the same command she immediately does it.

She humps me. It is not pleasant.

So Operation Take Back Alpha Female starts today. Watch out dog, you're not going to get treats from me for just being cute anymore!

LM

No comments:

Post a Comment