Monday, January 3, 2011

Long Distance Mother

If I was looking in on my life and not living it, I would be wondering what kind of mother could leave her child for a job. I might feel like the love I had for my son was in some way superior and there would be no way I would ever put work before my child.

As I have grown as a person and a mother, I have become less judgmental. I do not care if a happy baby has food on their clothes. I admit that there was a time when I did not see the joy of the child and only saw that stain. That was before I had my own happy little messy baby. I know I have a long way to go in the journey of motherhood but I feel confident that I am doing the best that I can.

So how can a mother leave her child for a job? I know that my son loves me and he knows that I love him. I have a husband who I love and trust. He is an awesome dad to our son. I want to provide for my son and right now the best way to do that is to work hard and do a great job at my current position. I see my son on the weekends and those days are the best days.

It is strange being a long distance mom though..

No comments:

Post a Comment